July 12, 2010

Did June Happen Yet?

Hooray for Carter's 6th Birthday! Jim got this picture of the fireworks off Pilot Butte this year, I thought it looked pretty celabratory for such a cute 6 year old :)
On Birthday Day, Carter wanted to go to the indoor bounce place, a park, and we told him he could go pick out a special birthday present at the store since all the family was coming the 4th of July weekend to celebrate his birthday, and it was only Tuesday....which seems like a LONG time to wait for all the action and attention. WELL. Good thing we made it to the funnest place first. Bouncing on various blow-up structures and sticking to velcro walls - the boys had a blast! (note Brady having a fabulous time in the picture above)  After the bounce place, next on the aggenda was Target, so its no surprise we were ALL (me too of course) excited to go. As soon as we pull up in the Target parking lot Brayden said his tummy hurt. Oh no. I asked if he was going to throw up...."no Mommy, my tummy just hurts." Ok, I think, then he throws up all over himself, over and over again. We had to go straight home and stay put for the rest of the day. Carter was such a good sport, and Dillon was the whiny one. Afterall, there HAD to be something in the trip to Target for him too and that was all that was really important. right? Good thing the weekend came soon!
Carter was so amazed with everything, he didn't have any idea it could get so good! Thank you everyone for everything and for coming, it really made him feel so special!
No Dillon, it's still not all about you, however, we did enjoy the cupcake show.
Here are some of my recent favorites from this summer so far...
We made an addition to the tree fort, it goes up higher, it's bigger, and you can jump off the edge. Its has a bit of danger to it so the boys naturally love it. All three of them are in the picture above :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great pics! Happy Birthday to Carter!

That tree fort is truly amazing. The boys are so lucky to have that in their yard!

Why must they do all their puking in public!? Little Man let loose all over an expensive toy store in downtown Stuttgart the other day. The ladies handed me a stack of paper towels and a spray cleaner and walked away. lol Yay for little Mom surprises.

Fowler family said...

That is a cool fireworks shot. And is that at enchanted forest (the boys on the frog jumper ride)?

I'm sorry to hear about the Target/throw-up incident. I threw up once in a target parking lot- it was when I was pregnant with Alice and this man in the mall had made try some lotion (he was in a kiosk), and it totally stunk to me. I hurried out to my car, but couldn't hold back and barfed right there in the parking lot. So you can tell Brayden I understand :)

We drove through Bend in May on our way to see my parents. I was totally thinking about you. We were kind of in a hurry to get to Corvallis, but next time I want to stop and see you!

Jessica said...

Oh the puking stories that could be shared! I too threw up all over myself in the car when I was pregnant with Dillon, and this was AFTER my morning sickness had passed. Poor Jen & Little Man...gosh, here I accidentally spilled an entire Starbucks coffee on the floor of Fred Meyer and they literally pushed me away so they could clean it up and I wouldn't have to...I wonder if they would have been more open to accepting my help had it been throw up.

Anna - I'd love to see you next time even if its just a quick pop-in/rest stop for you!