Ok...well. Here is an update on our mouse situation. We ordered mouse traps that you can catch mice in and let them go. They are little green plastic boxes that the mice can get into but not out of and one of them is labeled in the photo below. But this wasn't interesting (or entertaining) enough for Jim, so what does he do? He drills a hole in the mouse trap. Yep, makes perfect sense.
He is so creative that he came up with this plan to catch the mice. He drilled a hole in the clear plastic cover that replaced our heating vent cover under the sink cabinets. Then he ran PVC piping (elbow joint and all) from the heating vent, THROUGH the actual mouse trap, and INTO a regular shoebox sized storage bin (aka Modified Mouse Trap) with a lid and weights on top of it.....so the mice won't get out should they be lured by the smell of peanut butter coming from the light at the end of the tunnel. Now the cameras are pointed into the Modified Mouse Trap and the night light has been moved to a more strategic position.
And yes, this little project was also done after I had gone to bed one night :)
Needless to say, all these homemade tunnels and the commotion have scared the mice too much to make a showing or even attempt to venture out into the unknown.....so I'm left to ask the question: Was all of Jim's effort a total failure? Yeah, I think not.We haven't seen a dang mouse since all of this junk has been sitting in my kitchen. YES, I've been living with all this crap on the floor of my kitchen. I have to take the "weights" off the modified mouse trap JUST so I can open the dishwasher! AND as a bonus, Jim is FINALLY BORED of the whole 'mouse cam' project now and just this minute he brought home a frog for the boys to set up in an aquarium because its too cold and snowy to let it go outside right now. Apparently, the frog is now our pet that we are providing shelter for until spring.
Really, I'm not kidding.
Does anyone know what frogs eat? You know we'll have to feed IT now too....

0 comments:
Post a Comment